Search This Blog
Saturday, December 23, 2017
Friday, December 15, 2017
I love how it turned out. Below pictures show what I did.
yes that is me and husband 37 years ago.
In March of this year
And yes we made the bouquet in the picture.
|I struggled to find something round to dry the stiffened doily on|
|I am pleased|
I made the bouquet of flowers first, making sure the stem would fit through the center
the actual directions asked to make the center out of larger thread than the rest.
this would have made hole in center larger.
|then slip the stem through.|
Then attached the bows with wire to base and this help support the doily
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
|I am really enjoying this doily but something interesting happens to it.|
|It started to cup, even though it did this, I continued on. I didn't mind this when I plan on starching and placing flowers in center.|
|Finishing the chain rounds time to start those pretty flowers around the edge so here it has begun.|
|I only have 12 left and then I can search for flowers.|
(pattern on previous blog)
Friday, December 1, 2017
|Beginnings of the nosegay just sounded like fun and below is the pattern I can say the hardest part is the giant ring at the start I am making this in size 80.|
|I actually cant wait to place the flowers inside the middle|
I have made several brides and bridesmaids bouquets but never added tatting.
|This final page even has the sugar starch recipe too!|
Hope you all are doing well
This time of year I have to many "irons in the fire"
blogging is scanty take care.